Storm v Lightning
12th August 2017
* The international injury woes continue - Shrubsole still not fit for Storm (although she was involved in warm-up) and Ellyse Villani misses the game injuring her shoulder in a warm-up game of touch rugby
*Storm win the toss and elect to bowl
* Lightning get to 38/1 in the 6 powerplay overs - Jones ct Nicholas b Davies 21
* Key moment is last ball of the 8th over. Perry knocks the ball towards vacant mid-on region and sets off, but Stafanie Taylor swoops in from midwicket, picks up and underarms the stumps down. Perry run out for 25 (off 28).
* Davies completes four overs with 1/17 (score 54/2)
* Stafanie Taylor replaces Davies and takes three wickets in her first over - Lightning 59/5 after 10 overs
* With five to go Lightning have limped to 76/6 with Scholfield another victim for Taylor who ends with 4/5 off her four overs
* Marie Kelly 18 (30) and Lucy Higham 6 (7) add 22 for the 7th wicket in four overs
* Lightning make it to 108/9 after their 20 overs
* Storm make the worst possible start when Kristen Beams bowls Rachel Priest for 0 in the first over
* Once again Storm don't make enough in the powerplay - 27/1 after 6 overs (and 10 of those came off the bat of Heather Knight in the last over)
* Just as she seems to be getting going Knight is run out for 24 (27) - Storm 41/2 (8.4 overs)
* Storm need 60 from the last 10 overs with eight wickets in hand
* Equation comes down to 46 off seven overs, but with only seven wickets in hand after Georgia Hennessy goes for 23 (29).
* Five left - 34 needed
* Fran Wilson skies a catch - 77/4 with 27 balls to come (32 needed)
* Storm need 24 off three overs, but Taylor (The Iceburg) is still there.
* 17th over from Grundy goes for 14 and that is the ball game
* They bring it down to two needed with seven balls left, but Taylor departs to a great catch from Scholfield at long on (34 off 32 balls)
* Luff hits Perry's first ball of the last over for the winning runs. Storm win by 5 wickets with five balls to spare.
Full scorecard here
Video highlights here